Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic Sized Design

I'm not a collector, I'm a fan of sports and competition in general. I've always casually checked out the Olympics when I turned on the television and they happened to be on. This year was different for me. I am sure most of you witnessed those amazing opening and closing ceremonies with all of the synchronicity and cool technologies playing together. I was blown away! But then it went even further for me. I started to notice how much art and design have become an integral part of sporting events - especially The Olympic Games.

Every logo, each athlete's uniform, the graphics displaying results, and even the Olympic torch, medals and the stadium itself are all works of art. This year's Olympics have changed the way I will watch sporting events. I now have a full appreciation for the behind-the-scenes design teams who add almost as much excitement as the athletes themselves.

Eric

No comments: