Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Go Wolfpack!

Everyone has their favorites. For some it is Dale Jr. For others it is Troy Aikman. For a few it is the Boston Red Sox. But for me nothing can come close to North Carolina State University football!

I remember the moment that I was hooked. My sister attended NCSU from 1992-1996. But it was two years after she graduated when I realized that it was always going to be the Red and White for me. It was Sept. 12th 1998. I was thirteen years old and a freshman in high school. My family had season tickets since 1993 and no matter what was going on even if it was pouring down rain if there was a game we were there. It was a Thursday night and I was sitting on the grass behind the goal posts. I watched wide-eyed as NCSU made history and defeated Florida State. It was the first time that Florida State had lost since joining the ACC.

I don’t remember the final score or who the play makers of the game were or who the coach of NCSU was at the time, but I do remember that feeling. It is something to watch your team win a huge game.

I am very proud of my Wolfpack because this year they went from being considered possibly the worst team in the ACC to being Bowl Eligible. While I got to experience that historical win sadly I’ve never been to a bowl game. I’ve watched my fair share of them on television like the Orange Bowl back on January 1, 2003. I would have given anything to see Philip Rivers beat Notre Dame. I can’t image what that experience would have been like.

So to all you hopefuls out there with your fingers crossed that your team (cough…Florida…cough) make the big game I hope that you get to experience the glory that is college bowl games whether it be on the television or in person. I hope to some day see NCSU win the big game.

Go Wolfpack!
Allison

1 comment:

SHELBYSALEEN said...

I LOVE NCSU. However, I started off as a fan because of JIM VALVANO. He was awesome, We had just moved from Wisconsin and I started watching a bball game. I quit watching the players and started watching the coach. After that I became a fan of NCSU sports. BACK THE PACK. We could end up with a higher bowl than we should. They say because of how great they have played lately plus they have a marketable QB. That along with the wolfpack fans that show up for bowl games and its a win win for everyon. OH yea state beating Notre Dame was awesome. It was really funny because Rivers dad was a lifelong Irish fan except for that one day.